Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The List for February

I'm not wanting to wear myself out
the first month (ha!ha!) so I'm going to start with
4 simple things on my list and hopefully
end up with 4 "checkmarks" when the month is over.

So here we go:
  1. Go to lunch with friends
  2. "Remodel" my old sewing cabinet as a table
  3. Try a new recipe
  4. Plan and organize "Feel Better" classes
Some of you may think that being a vegetarian or vegan
is a strange, odd & crazy thing
(especially when you live with "The Man" who is a CARNIVORE)
but 2 years ago I chose to change my health for
the better and I must say that life is MUCH better.
Stepping outside the box is a hard thing for me
and I'm sure other people out there but I
would hope that you will give some of my recipes
and advice a chance to help make improvements
in your lives.

This is a recipe I tried the other day because I really wanted some chocolate chip cookies
but I have tried to cut out sugar from my diet but man my hormones
were calling for something sweet.  This recipe is a "RAW" version of
Chocolate Chip Cookies and the best thing about it was there
was no baking involved.  As soon as they were mixed you can
pop one in your mouth.  Soooooo good!!!!

Raw cookie dough bites
2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup raw oat
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp cocao nibs or dark chocolate chips (or more)
1. In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats and salt to a fine meal.
2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
3. Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
4. Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment